Pantry challenge day 3

I had to make a run to the store today, but I was fairly well behaved. We picked up two gallons of milk, a container of mayo, 10 lbs sugar, 20 lbs flour, and a container of store brand vanilla ice cream. I think the grocery portion of the bill ended up being around $27, a far cry from the $50-60 a week that it has been running.  We should be all set till next week. 


We were almost out of sugar (down to the last 1/2 cup) and hubby and I use it in our coffee/tea. I also noticed that I was getting low on flour.  As I buy both in bulk I thought getting them today would better prepare me for next week. 

Breakfast: hubby and I had the same old, same old, the boy had wheat toast and bacon

Lunch: crock pot Mac and cheese, which would have been done right when we got home if I had been able to work the outlet timer. Still yummy later. 

(Confession: the boy and I split a lemonade after we left the bowling alley).  

Dinner: right now I have 3 lbs of chicken wings cooking in the big crock pot (found them in the freezer--should have enough for leftovers). Once they're cooked I'll slather then with sticky glaze (maybe put some Frank's hot sauce on hubby's) and serve with rice and corn on the cob. 
 
Off to get my outside stuff done...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment